Following the success of the Centro and Cheetah restyling projects, Capoco won the project to style Plaxton's new high end coach.
The Elite was launched at the NEC Bus and Coach show 2008.
Furnace played a key role in various areas of the project:
- concept generation for exterior styling
- package layout work for drivers area, air con package etc.
- extensive studies of driver slightlines and mirror configurations
- A surface development of front end and mid body
- study of cab area, including packaging all electronic equipment and switchgear